Friday, February 12, 2010

Day Two of “Detox 4 Women”


Day Two of "Detox 4 Women" - I need bread! I woke up this morning with the shakes and I thought I was going to pass out… what a way to start the day! I went to the kitchen and kept thinking “I can’t eat another vegetable, I can’t eat another vegetable”…and grabbed the first thing I could eat (a banana) and the rest of last nights dark chocolate bar. I followed them up with chugging a 16.9 oz bottle of water. It did the trick, but on the way to work I kept gagging at the thought of drinking the carrot juice because I need FOOD! …. So after the shaky feeling started to come back while at work (even after drinking another bottle of water), I went against my better judgment and bought myself an egg & turkey sausage sandwich (NO CHEESE) on whole grain bread– but I only ate 1 slice of the whole grain bread with all the egg and turkey sausage. Ah. I feel so much better!!!!

So then I let my stomach settle, kept drinking my water so that I could take my Probiotic supplements and vitamins. Do I feel guilty that I haven’t had a vegetable yet, including no juice and it’s almost lunchtime – yes – but I also know I have a salmon and steamed broccoli for lunch, and I’ll try… TRY to drink ½ a bottle of carrot juice for my mid-day snack. Hopefully I didn’t sabotage the detox with the bread, turkey sausage & banana…. But I’m still getting the hang of it. I think my body reallllllly needs whole grain bread though.

So I ate my salmon and steamed broccoli, and some pieces of a 60% dark chocolate bar that my boss gave me for Valentine’s Day… and I feel SO guilty!!! This is Day Two and I’ve already cheated a couple times. Where is my will power?!?!? Then I discovered that I've been HAD!!! It wasn't 60% dark chocolate bar, it was a 60% dc shell... meaning the insides were gooey and delicious - but very, VERY against the detox. I basically ate my ENTIRE day of fat in one bar... great.

I’m planning on eating a big salad for dinner (maybe with some chicken to keep me from getting the shakes again the morning…) and I definitely am aiming to do Yoga tonight!!! Tomorrow I’m heading to the grocery store to pick up some coconut milk products, and some ‘living grain’ breads so that I can keep with the detox, but without the shakes :)

** Please note: My husband is trying this detox with me - and although he hasn't been drinking vegetable juice because we haven't had time to juice yet, he's done much better on the detox than me. He also has a sinus infection, and therefore no appetite, but still!!! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment