Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day One of “Detox 4 Women”


Day 1 of “Detox 4 Women” – I’m tired! I’ve only been at this for four hours and I just want to crawl under the desk and go to bed. Too much to do today though, so I won’t be in bed until I get home tonight! I was supposed to wake up this morning and do yoga, body brushing, and drink 1 liter of water. I woke up late, drank 1 bottle of 16.9 fl oz of water, and didn’t have time to juice this morning so I stopped at the grocery store and bought an Odwalla 100% Pure Pressed Carrot Juice. Let me tell you it’s hard for someone who isn’t 100% into eating vegetables to drink 100% Pure Pressed Carrot Juice! My gag reflex was in full effect upon the first couple sips, but right now I’m ½ way through the 15.2 fl oz and I switched to herbal tea until I could wake up enough to finish the juice!

Maybe Day 1 didn’t start off that great, as I need to work out, body brush, and drink another bottle of water at some point this morning, and finish the other ½ of my carrot juice! But hey, I AM drinking carrot juice instead of eating a bagel, and drinking herbal tea instead of coffee…. So that’s a start, right??? Also, I made myself a big salad for lunch with spinach, grated zucchini and carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers, tomatoes, quinoa, onions, and olive oil. I know that I will be STARVING after that though. I wish I would have grabbed a baked potato or soup – that would have really curbed my appetite this afternoon. Hindsight!

Tonight I had salmon with spinich salad, a salad, and a couple pieces of my dark chocolate bar – yes! I didn't squeeze in yoga tonight because by the time I got out of class I had such a headache, from no coffee and bread I'm sure, and I was exhausted! I came home and went straight to bed.

All-in-all, I'd say Day 1 was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment