Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Little Gray....

Right at this very minute I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with school, work, life, etc. However, I do want to note that it’s a gray day today, and I’m nearly 80% certain that I suffer from seasonal affective disorder! The only highlight of my day is looking through the blogs that I follow. These men/women are so creative and thought inspiring.

Today’s blog, in particular, is really a kudos to A CUP OF JO’s blog, and I thought I would share some cool things from her blog recently!

When I was planning my wedding last year, I was watching an episode of Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? and I thought this designers 8x8 flower wall was amazing. http://www.eventergonomics.com/floral.html Just recently her blog shared another designer who is selling these vertical gardens! Now I am all about helping the environment and being eco-friendly, so I wanted to share that they have a do-it-yourself kit for purchase. Check it out here

Also, I am noting another one of her post’s sharing photographer Paul Octavious collection of photographs that he take over the past 2 years of a place he calls "the hill." Each time he came to find a new story as he describes “is told to me as if the hill is my stage and the locals are the actors in this daily play.”





Finally, A CUP OF JO recommended my next summer read! It’s called Eat, Memory, and it's a collection of 26 essays that originally appeared in the New York Times Magazine, connecting to foreign places and familiar people through tastes and smells. She recommends it as something fun and yummy. :)


Thanks again to A CUP OF JO for sharing so many interesting things. I hope by the end of this summer, you’ll be looking for one of my blogs for inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment