Thursday, March 11, 2010

Family Portrait


As I have been getting older, I have begun to appreciate my family more and more. Through an intense interest in genealogy, and constant questioning of my family as to where we have come from, I have recently begun to uncover where my family is from via Ancestory.com. Within 24 hours, looking through Census forms dating back to the 1800s, birth and death records, marriage records, articles, etc., I traced back eight generations on my father’s side and five generations on my mother’s side! I feel so enlightened already knowing the occupations of my ggg grandparents and I can almost imagine what life was like for them back then!

Honestly, I feel like I’m understanding where I come from better and I feel like hopefully that will help me understand even more about myself. And eventually when my husband and I start a family of our own, it would be awesome to be able to tell our children more about where they came from! One note of warning though…. Ancestory.com is very addicting. You could sign on first thing in the morning and stay on it for 24 hours without realizing it!

I’ll keep you updated on anything fun and new that comes from this!
Thanks to MadeByGirl for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment