Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Current Mental State

So today we are 25 days from the wedding. Holy crap! That’s less than a month, which is totally insane to me because I feel like I have so much left to do… including lose 5 ½ pounds! Planning a wedding is so incredibly stressful on its own, let alone while taking 9 credit hours and working full-time, and trying to maintain a clean house!

There are so many other things going through my mind right now too, like where my fiancé and I are going to live in less than 3 months… and when we’re going to find time to pack up our place. How I’m going to get all of this homework done in advance so that I can enjoy my wedding and honeymoon. When I’m going to find time to eat right and exercise each day so that I can lose the 5 ½ pounds that I want to in time for the wedding/honeymoon?

I also am stressed out that I’ve chosen the wrong career again… hopefully not. But working towards gaining a PhD in this career is stressful, because you only have two years to prep yourself and they want you to have one published report in an academic journal, a couple presentations at seminars, and have taken the GRE & GRE special topic in that time period! Yeah, like that’s not a lot to add to someone’s plate who is also concerned about keeping a high GPA too.

It feels as though I have too many balls in the air and I’m a planner. I want to know what will happen over the next two years, and I have NO idea… and that scares the hell out of me! I’m just trying to keep the faith and know whatever happens is supposed to happen, but I’m still scared. I hate trusting the unknown. My only goal for now is to enjoy the wedding and take it all in…. and get my homework done… and lose 5 ½ pounds :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment