Friday, July 23, 2010

Enjoying Summer :)


I'm so happy to have the sun out (almost) every day this summer! Clevelanders are actually smiling and trying to remain positive, outside of the whole LeBron thing. SO far, my summer's been going really well. I finished up nine credit hours of school work to lighten up my school load for the last year. Decisions have finally been made as to my future, been in between just working or going on for my doctorate. The doctorate decision was made, and I'm not taking the steps to ensure that I will be a great candidate. I finished my patio by adding a storage bench and two new conversation chairs!
Also, I got my herbs to grow again... last year they died because I was too busy wedding planning than herb growing :) This year I have cilantro, rosemary, thyme, dill, curly parsley, flat parsley, basil, chives and lavender. They smell amazing! Also, since classes are wrapped up, I'm back to focusing on my diet and fitness schedule. My husband and I joined Ballys two months ago and just haven't found a great routine on getting to the gym. However, I have the next five weeks off so we're hoping to get something cemented that gets us both at least an hour workout three times per week. This morning I had some yogurt with fruit, raw oatmeal and cinnamon. MMmm, it was perfect! Fingers crossed, I would like to maintain this healthy diet moving into next year. My problem is the preplanning of food. It's really hard to think of what you'll be in the mood to eat the next day... and then wake up early enough to cook it! But we're also house hunting right now so any way to save money is good enough for us!

All in all, as typical, I have a lot of things up in the air but I finally have a positive attitude and feel like it will all get accomplished when it's meant too. So all I have to say is Yeah! Sunshine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment